Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sorting

  In the age of high-tech-everything I find myself rebelling against the onslaught of the fast-paced, the loud and the overly-complicated.  This also extends to my children's toys and activities. Although I don't deny my oldest the occasional iPad game or computer reading program, I try to make or buy more natural and simple toys and remember that even a basic idea such as sorting can be wonderful for a child.

 My kids have detailed Schleich animals of all kinds and my two-and-a-half year old started sorting them in different ways. So I grabbed a couple of baskets and we found all kinds of ways of sorting such as land/marine, small/large, mommies/ babies and farm/wild.  I could see it stimulating his thinking in so many ways and was thankful for this simple but great little game.



  .

No comments: